- Cross, C., Boocock, M., & Reid, D. A. (2012). Effect of instruction on lower limb kinetics
and kinematics during landing in novice netball players. NZ Journal of Sports Medicine, 39(2), 76.
- Gianotti, S. M., Hume, P. A., & Tunstall, H. (2010). Efficacy of injury prevention related coach education within netball and soccer. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 13, 32–35.
- Henderson, M., Hume, P., & Bradshaw, E. (2006). The effectiveness of a six-week jump shot intervention on the kinematics of netball shooting performance. International Society of Biomechanics in Sports. Symposium conducted at the meeting of the Proceedings of XXIV International Symposium on Biomechanics in Sports 2006, University of Salzburg, Salzburg, Austria. Retrieved from http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=s3h&AN=SPHS-1059462&site=ehost-live
- Hewit, J. K. (2011). Assessing and developing agility in netball players (PhD). Auckland University of Technology, Auckland.
- Hewit, J. K., Cronin, J. B., & Hume, P. A. (2013). Kinematic factors affecting fast and slow straight and change-of-direction acceleration times. Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 27(1), 69-75.
- Hume, P. A. (1993). Netball injuries in New Zealand. New Zealand Journal of Sports Medicine, 21(2), 27-31.
- Hume, P. A., & Marshall, S. W. (1994). Sports injuries in New Zealand: Exploratory analyses. New Zealand Journal of Sports Medicine, 22(2), 18-22.
- Hume, P. A., & Steele, J. R. (2000). A preliminary investigation of injury prevention strategies in netball: are players heeding the advice? Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport, 3(4), 406-413
- Hume, P. A., Pinniger, G. J., Manning, J. M., & Steele, J. R. (1996, 1 & 2 February). Q-Angles for 62 netball players during landing tasks. In M. Lee (Chair), University of Sydney. Faculty of Health Sciences. Division of Biomechanics Symposium conducted at the meeting of the First Australasian biomechanics conference, Sydney, Australia.
- Mason-Mackay A, Whatman, C and Reid, D. The effect of reduced ankle dorsiflexion on lower extremity mechanics during landing: A systematic review. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport (2015), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jsams.2015.06.006
- Mason-Mackay, A. R., Whatman, C., & Reid, D. (2015). The effect of ankle bracing on lower extremity biomechanics during landing: A systematic review. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. doi:10.1016/j.jsams.2015.07.014
- Mason-Mackay, A.R., Whatman, C., Reid, D., Lorimer, A., The Effect of Ankle Bracing on Landing Biomechanics in Female Netballers, Physical Therapy in Sports (2015), doi: 10.1016/j.ptsp.2015.11.002.
- Reid, D, Vanweerd, R, Larmer, P and Kingstone, R (2015) The inter and intra rater reliability of the Netball Movement Screening Tool. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport 18 (2015) 353–357
- Sheerin, K., Hume, P. A., & Presswood, L. (2007). National Sports Injury Prevention Programme Injury Surveillance Reporting 2006: Netball New Zealand: Institute of Sport and Recreation Research New Zealand, Auckland University of Technology
- Spencer, K. (2012). “But I don’t get to touch the ball!”…To what extent does a modified netball game (MNG) influence the development of movement skills for 8-10 year old youths playing netball? "World Congress of Performance Analysis of Sport IX 25th28th July 2012, University of Worcester, UK." International Journal of Performance Analysis in Sport 12(3): 657-658
- Willcox, B. (2010). Classification of player performance in netball using cluster analysis The University of Auckland, Auckland.
- Wilson, N. C., & Hume, P. A. (1993). Your body: Your choice. Netball injury prevention project. Journal of Physical Education New Zealand, 26(4), 5-8.
Conferences 2013 to 2015
- Spencer, K. (2015). Landing – a high risk action? Investigating movements in Netball. ITP Sports Research Symposium, EIT Napier, NZ. 09 Oct 2015
- Spencer, K. (2014). Preliminary Investigation of High Risk Movement in Secondary Schools Netball. World Congress of Performance Analysis in Sport X, Optija, Croatia.
- Spencer, K. (2014) Movement Analysis of High Performance Netball Umpires. Asia Pacific International Conference of Performance Analysis in Sport, Langkawi, Malaysia.
- Spencer, K., & Molyneux, J. (2014). Performance Profiling in Small Sided games Recognising the Influence of ‘Opposition Quality’ Fast 5 Netball. TGfU Conference, Auckland University, Auckland, NZ.
- Whatman, C., & Reid, D. A. (2014). Secondary school netballers; are they moving in the right direction? In Secondary school netballers; are they moving in the right direction? (pp. 48). Wellington.
- Spencer, K. & Molyneux, J. (2013). Normative performance profiling in Fast5 netball (she who dares, wins). In Bay of Plenty Polytechnic Sports Research Symposium
- Van Weerd, R, Reid,D and Larmer, P (2013) Inter and Intra tester reliability of the netball movement screening tool. New Zealand Manipulative Physiotherapists Conference Rotorua, August 24th and 25th
Technical reports 2013 to 2015
- Spencer, K and Wolf, S. (2015). Evaluation of the Junior Coaching Review. Report commissioned by Netball New Zealand, 53 pages.
- Spencer, K and Kilding, A. and Paget, N. (2014). Umpire Work Rate and Movement Analysis (fitness testing Vs. game performance). A technical report for New Zealand Netball. August 2014, 35 pages.
- Paget, N. Spencer, K and Kilding, A. (2014). Movement Type and Court Area of High Performance Netball Umpires. A technical report for New Zealand Netball. June 2014, 37 pages.
- Paget, N. Spencer, K and Kilding, A. (2014). A Summary of Movement and Positioning of ANZ Elite Umpires. A technical report for New Zealand Netball. May 2014, 15 pages.
- Paget, N. Spencer, K and Kilding, A. (2013). A Summary of Physiological Responses of High Performance Netball Umpires During Match Play. A technical report for New Zealand Netball. August 2013, 22 pages
- Paget, N. Spencer, K and Kilding, A. (2013). A Summary of Fitness Levels of ANZC Umpires, and Heart Rate Responses During ANZC Match Play. A techincal report for New Zealand Netball. August 2013, 46 pages.