Research Grants Gained
Research grants gained in 2015:
- How safe is the code of points landing technical requirements in artistic gymnastics? AUS$1,500. ACU Faculty of Health Sciences. Elizabeth Bradshaw, Patria Hume, Corey Joseph, Mark Calton, Karen Grech. (2015).
Research funding proposals submitted or in development:
- GymSmart injury prevention education and technology research programme. NZ$240,000. Dr Grant Mawston, Dr Anna Lorimer, Prof Patria Hume, AP Mark Boocock, Mitali Purohit, Dr Stephen Reay, Dr Roy Nates, Prof Enrico Haemmerle (all AUT). Dr Elizabeth Bradshaw (ACU, Australia), Mark Carlton (Aust gym coach), AP Thor Besier (Auckland Bioengineering Institute, UoA), Dr Mark Finch (IMU Ltd), Dr Toshiyuki Fujihara (Osaka University of Health & Sport Sciences, Japan), Christine Reed (GymSportsNZ), Prof Gareth Irwin (Cardiff Met, UK), Professor Keith Russell (FIG, Canada).
- Removing the guesswork when managing the competitive gymnast. Can we now quantify impact loads during training using inertial measurement units? AUS$50,000. Australian Catholic University Grant. Elizabeth Bradshaw, Patria Hume, Wayne Spratford.
- Removing the guesswork when managing the competitive gymnast – Quantifying total impact loads during training using inertial measurement units. AUS$60,000. Australian Institute of Sport Grant. Elizabeth Bradshaw, Wayne Spratford, Cherie Walker, Patria Hume, John Curtin, Phillip Cossens.
Gymnastics research grants gained to 2014:
- A longitudinal, multi-factorial risk analysis of Australian elite female gymnasts. AU$46,500. The High Performance Sport Research Fund. Parker-Simmons, S., Brayborn, W., Bradshaw, E. 2011.
- The development and use of the Bradshaw real-time biomechanics gymnastics vaulting feedback system for coaches. NZ$585. AUT Research Contestable. Patria Hume. 2009.
- Vaulting towards London 2012 and beyond – Introducing cutting edge technology into high performance gymnastics training centres. AUS$24,048. ACU Faculty of Health Sciences. Liz Bradshaw, Patria Hume, Brad Aisbett, Morgan Williams, Mark Calton. 2008.
- Gymnastics falls study. $270. Otago University. Patria Hume. 2007.
- GymSport Beginning Gymnastics Coaching Manual. NZ$5,000. ACC. Patria Hume. 2005.
- GymSport Introductory Gymnastics Coaching Manual. NZ$5,000. ACC. Patria Hume. 2005.
- Biomechanical analysis of vaulting at 2005 World Championships. NZ$20,000. AUT Research Contestable. Patria Hume and Elizabeth Bradshaw. 2005.
- Gymnastics stress management and injury prevention. NZ$16,900. AUT Research Contestable. Gregory Kolt, Patria Hume. 2001.
- Possible indicators of eating disorders in gymnasts: Guidelines so “at risk” athletes can be identified. NZ$1,000. Sports Science New Zealand. Patria Hume and Kelly Sheerin. 2000.
- de TurnTrainersCockPit (Gymnastics CoachCockPit) EU 1000,000 funded by InnoSportNL, VU University Amsterdam and Dutch Gymnastics federation. J.W. van der Eb.
- Vault research during the WC 2010 in Rotterdam. ~EU 10,000 VU University of Amsterdam. J.W. van der Eb.
- Load on the lower extremities of trampoline jumpers in relation to stress fractures. EU 5,000. Royal Dutch Gymnastics federation. J.W. van der Eb.