Research Projects in Progress
- Concussions and impact studies for rugby code - Dr Doug King
- Head gear impact studies - Dr Elizabeth Bradshaw
- Psychology and social aspects of New Zealand League Academy players - Dr Sarah-Kate Miller
- World Rugby/NZR/AUT NZ RugbyHealth project - Professor Patria Hume et al.
- AUT SRIF RCRG expansion programme - Associate Professor Lesley Ferkins et al.
- Pacific Island Experiences and Contribution to Non-Playing Rugby - Ferkins et al.
- UK Rugby Health study - Dr Karen Hind et al.
- Neuromuscular function and musculoskeletal health in retired rugby players - Ian Entwistle
- Neck strength and spine an neck injury prevention in rugby union and league - Mike Hopkinson
- Keoi University Rugby and Blues Rugby research project - Dr Sayumi Iwamoto et al.
- Meaning and sensemaking in high performance sport - John Paul Alder
- U.S. Rugby 7's injury - Dr Victor Lopez Jr
- Lower-extremity symmetry and ACL injury - Dr Scott Borwn
- RuFIT study - Dr Ralph Maddison
- Wearable resistance training - Kim Simperingham
- Japan rugby codes research presentations - Professor Patria Hume et al.
Research questions for projects to be developed:
- Are the All Black's a traffic hazard? Motor vehicle accidents before and after All Blacks games?
- Does violence against women (VAW) increase after an All Blacks game?