Plan your visit
The conference will be held at the city campus of AUT University, in the WG Building (The Sir Paul Reeves Building), Mayoral Drive, Auckland.
Travel to the venue
How to get from the airport to Auckland city
There is a taxi stand just outside the main doors of the international terminal. Please note that the airport is 20 km from the city centre and a taxi fare could be expensive (approximately $60-$75 or more depending on traffic). There is a skybus airport transfer service from Auckland City and Auckland Airport operating 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Airport to City transfers take approximately 40-60 min (times can vary depending on traffic conditions).
For those already in the city, find the AUT city campus
Public transport in Auckland
- Auckland CBD and public transport
- Bus, train and ferry information
- Please purchase a HOP Travel Card for your bus, train and ferry journeys for your pre and post conference travel or ensure you have cash on hand, using a HOP card will give you a discount on fares.
- You can purchase your HOP card at AUT University Customer Service Centre, AUT City Campus, 55 Wellesley St East, Auckland CBD. Monday to Friday: 7.30am - 5pm,
- Other places you can purchase your HOP card
The Langham Hotel is the preferred hotel for the ISBS 2018 Conference. A special rate is available at 15% off the best available rate on the day of booking. Please click on the following link to view prices and to make your booking with the Langham Hotel: ISBS Conference 2018
Other Centrally Located Hotels:
Pullman Auckland Hotel
SKYCITY Grand Hotel
Crowne Plaza Auckland
The Quadrant Hotel and Suites
There are many other Auckland Hotels, please view the following accommodation search links:
About New Zealand
- Learn more about New Zealand
- NZ - Beyond the official programme
- New Zealand Touring Map
- New Zealand weather
Average daytime temperatures during spring range between 19 degrees Celsius (66F) in the north to 16 degrees Celsius (60F) in the south. Expect a mixture of weather – crisp, sunny days can briskly change to cooler temperatures with spring showers.
- Where to get New Zealand currency: Travel Money NZ - Auckland City branch
Most banks in New Zealand will be happy to change your currency.
If you require an official letter to obtain your visa, please contact the secretariat (Enora Le Flao) via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-and post-conference travel and tour options
We have teamed up with the AUT travel agent and Tourism New Zealand to arrange some custom-made personal tour packages, which you can enjoy either before or after the conference.