Phone: +64 (0) 9219999, ext 7842
Nutrition in relation to public health, metabolic health and sports performance.
Dr Caryn Zinn is a senior lecturer at AUT's School of Sport & Recreation. She is a New Zealand Registered Dietitian and focuses her research on whole-food, low carbohydrate, healthy fat (LCHF)- based nutrition in relation to metabolic health and sports performance.
Current Research Projects
- Low Carb Kids: a weight loss feasibility study looking at whole food, LCHF eating for overweight children and their families (Health Research Council).
- Neighbourhoods for active kids (Health Research Council).
- The built environment and children’s body size: An investigation into the mediating effects of physical activity and nutritional behaviour.
- Effects of high intensity intermittent exercise training on insulin sensitivity and metabolic control of pre-diabetic youth.
- Exploring eating and physical activity profiles and patterns of New Zealanders.
- The effect of low carbohydrate, high fat diets (LCHF) on immunity markers and performance amongst endurance athletes.
- Cost-effectiveness of consuming LCHF vs mainstream nutrition style.