AUT is globally recognised for its outstanding postgraduate qualifications in sport and exercise. Study with us and you'll benefit from the expertise of academic staff who are widely known as experts in their field, have access to our state-of-the-art facilities and get involved in world-leading research projects.
You can choose from different focus areas and research groups within sport and exercise. Our programmes provide you with the critical understanding and appreciation of integrating knowledge, science, evidence-based practice and relevant theoretical concepts.
World-class postgraduate programmes
- Bachelor of Sport and Recreation (Honours)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Sport, Exercise and Health
- Master of Sport, Exercise and Health
- Master of Business in Sport Leadership and Management
- Master of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy
Find a scholarship
Search the AUT database for SPRINZ and postgraduate scholarships:
Each year, SPRINZ receives industry-funded scholarships, with many of our postgraduate students and staff working on collaborative research with our industry partners.
Partnership: AUT and Athlete Training + Health
The partnership between AUT and Athlete Training + Health (ATH) in the USA enables students to intern or work at ATH in Texas, USA and have access to the expertise of both ATH and its partner university AUT.
Previous SPRINZ scholarships
- AUT Vice-Chancellor Scholarships
- CSI Pacific Doctoral Scholarship – Canadian Sport Institute Pacific
- Eccentric Training and Elite Athlete Performance – HPSNZ
- Goldmine Scholarship – HPSNZ
- HPSNZ Cricket Scholarship – HPSNZ
- HPSNZ Kayak PhD Scholarship
- HPSNZ Scholarship Motorcycle Scholarship – WIL Sport
- New Zealand Cricket Scholarship – NZ Cricket
- SPRINZ Tennis NZ PhD Scholarship – Tennis NZ
Co-Founder / Managing Director, Athlete Nation LLCDoctor of PhilosophyA passion for sport is what drives AUT sport and recreation alumnus Dr Matthew Kritz who has more than 20 years of experience in elite sport.A passion for sport is what drives AUT sport and recreation alumnus Dr Matthew Kritz who has more than 20 years of experience in elite sport and has worked with Olympic athletes from 21 different sports. He is proud of two decades of physically and mentally preparing athletes in both ground and water-based sports, Matthew says.